Season 5 Finals

Debate the finer aspects of paying homage to Nuffle... Unless your name is Ron, in which case you're not welcome, so piss off!

Season 5 Finals

Postby Brutal Legend » Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:16 pm

As a point of record, Travis and I are going to play the championship match this Thursday at the eagles.

Pride of Pangea vs. Weisenland Warriors
"I was not alone, for foolhardiness was not then mixed with that love of the grotesque and the terrible which has made my career a series of quests for strange horrors in literature and in life." H.P. Lovecraft, "The Lurking Fear" (1923)

Jon

http://jonzucchi.blogspot.com/

http://voidwarbfg.blogspot.com/
Brutal Legend
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Re: Season 5 Finals

Postby DAPatrick » Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:24 pm

FALSE.
I have it on good authority that:

Lucyth wrote:The DorkaBowl will be taking place on February 6th.

This must be something else.
"I can't place the guy, and I don't remember anybody being a total cockmunch at the event, but man... everything that guy posts just rubs my rhubarb the wrong way... "
DAPatrick

Postby Thunderjaw » Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:49 pm

++$ Brad
Thunderjaw
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Postby afeinman » Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:56 pm

Awesome! I may actually watch this one.

Despite what Brad thinks.
afeinman
Dr. c.f.
Dr. c.f.

Postby Thunderjaw » Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:04 pm

I'm not talking about the Dorkabowl. :)
++$ Brad
Thunderjaw
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Postby DAPatrick » Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:52 pm

Thunderjaw wrote:I'm not talking about the Dorkabowl. :)

Nope, there are some things that are just instant classics that people never live down. This is going to be one of them. When given a chance it will never NOT be mentioned.
"I can't place the guy, and I don't remember anybody being a total cockmunch at the event, but man... everything that guy posts just rubs my rhubarb the wrong way... "
DAPatrick

Postby Thunderjaw » Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:13 pm

lol... that's ok... as much as I want to be more firm in my "let it go" response, the concept of keeping it going does make me laugh.

So carry on...
++$ Brad
Thunderjaw
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Postby agentorange » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:54 am

Could someone that has admin rights schedule the match between John and I so we can enter it into the system?
agentorange

Postby Drool_bucket » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:56 am

agentorange wrote:Could someone that has admin rights schedule the match between John and I so we can enter it into the system?

done!
TAFK
Drool_bucket
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Postby agentorange » Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:37 am

TY.
agentorange

Postby afeinman » Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:57 am

And congratulations to the winner!

...Now go make a new team. That is WAY too much blodging lizard meat.
afeinman
Dr. c.f.
Dr. c.f.

Postby agentorange » Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:08 am

I was planning to before I ended up in the finals; I have a rookie Dark Elf team, my so-so Nurgle team, a slaan team (more than likely not using that one) and I thought about a Khemri team (although, Jimmy might bring Chem-wee back and I know that Jonah was looking at Khemri, so me playing Khemri is looking less than likely). However, now that I have the trophy, I'm not sure if I should vacate the title and run a new team (it is the Pride's 3rd season) or defend and play them for the 4th time in a row. With the amount of new-ish teams being brought by new-ish people and the those teams that were rebooted due to injuries, I think I might go with one of my less developed teams.
agentorange

Postby Drool_bucket » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:33 am

While I feel bad saying it...

I do feel like the Pride should go the way of the Children, Marauders and the other high TVR, highly successful teams.

If only because I feel that a soft "league reset" is going to happen with the combinations of; how this season fizzled away (and a new Commish taking over), new coaches signing up and old coaches return to the fray.

As much as I want to continue with my Vamps, the team just feels "old" and I am excited to re-launch another new team.

and please understand, this is just my opinion and in no way will I be upset by the Pride taking a well earned victory lap!
TAFK
Drool_bucket
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Postby Brutal Legend » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:50 am

The better team won the finals. Of that I am sure. I have to echo the sentiments of Alex and Ian. What else do you hope to accomplish with the lizard men? In my view it has been maxed out and it's only down hill from here with development.
"I was not alone, for foolhardiness was not then mixed with that love of the grotesque and the terrible which has made my career a series of quests for strange horrors in literature and in life." H.P. Lovecraft, "The Lurking Fear" (1923)

Jon

http://jonzucchi.blogspot.com/

http://voidwarbfg.blogspot.com/
Brutal Legend
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Postby agentorange » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:55 am

Agreed. Now, I am just trying to decide if I want to go with a dashy Dark Elf team and get hammered into the pitch or do I want to go with a Nurgle or Khermi team and be the hammer; while I lose because I can't score more than once a game. I might lean more towards dash considering the amount of bash I have normally been doing. It will be a nice change of pace.
agentorange

Next

Board index Discussion Blood Bowl Discussion