A Note about Journeymen

Debate the finer aspects of paying homage to Nuffle... Unless your name is Ron, in which case you're not welcome, so piss off!

A Note about Journeymen

Postby Thunderjaw » Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:16 am

The new version of the software handles Journeymen differently than the old version.

According to the rules, you can't carry a Journeyman through two games. After a game that uses a Journeyman, you're supposed to either fire them or hire them permanently. In the old software, if you still needed him, most people just left the Journeyman on their roster. In the new software, this will "lock" the second game and you won't be able to enter any score information.

How do you know if you have this issue?

1. Your next game score is all greyed out and at the bottom of the screen it says something about fixing your journeyman.
2. Your journeyman is highlighted in bright pink on the Roster sheet indicating he's been used.

Correct process for Journeymen usage:

1. Before the game you need a Journeyman for, Hire a player with the Journeyman box checked.
2. Play your game.
3. Cut the Journeyman or hire him permanently.
4. If you still need a Journeyman for your next game, hire a new one. You can give them the same name as the last if you want. From the software perspective it's now different and correct.
5. Go win glory.

If you have any questions, comments or concerns or if you just fail to remember anything I've listed here, PM me when you can't enter your scores.
++$ Brad
Thunderjaw
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Re: A Note about Journeymen

Postby stormboy » Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:14 am

Thanks Brad - that is great information to know.
NobleSavage wrote: I put on my purple pants and hulked-out a bit there.
stormboy
Minister of Bacony Goodness

Board index Discussion Blood Bowl Discussion