Season Five

Debate the finer aspects of paying homage to Nuffle... Unless your name is Ron, in which case you're not welcome, so piss off!

Season Five

Postby Lucyth » Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:38 am

As we enter August, I thought now would be a good time to open up a discussion on planning for Season Five.

First and foremost, the Commissioner Chair is always open to be challenged. While I naturally enjoy keeping the BB ball a-rolling, if some other young buck wants to take a shot at running it we can always hold a democratic election for the position.

Second, I get the feeling people didn't enjoy the bank rule. While I feel this might be due to confusion on how it worked (perhaps because of the Petty Cash rule being ingrained in minds), if the League as a whole doesn't like it we can get rid of it and revert to Petty Cash.

Third, I get the feeling that people overall enjoyed the Targeted MVP's. But if this is wrong, we can always discuss reverting back to random MVP's.

Fourth, we should look at getting the season started sometime in September. I think 8 matches has served us well and is just long enough. But again, this is open to debate.

Discuss.
ryltar wrote:I would hate to disappoint your cock Ian.
Lucyth
Mr. Religion
Mr. Religion

Re: Season Five

Postby Thunderjaw » Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:21 am

1. I support Cody for Commish.

2. Bank Rule - I'm now ambivalent about the bank rule. I understand the purpose of it. I think we implemented it fairly. I thus have no issues with it and am fine with it staying in place. It does indeed fill the role it's designed to fill and overall I support it.

3. Targeted MVP's worked very well and seemed very fair. I think our current implementation works better than straight targeted and WAY better than crappy random.

4. Sept sounds like a good time frame. I also think 8 games sounds great. Longer just tends to be... longer...
++$ Brad
Thunderjaw
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Postby nick_nameless » Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:24 am

:(
The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of that which is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope.
nick_nameless
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Postby Lucyth » Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:29 am

nick_nameless wrote::(

How eloquent.
ryltar wrote:I would hate to disappoint your cock Ian.
Lucyth
Mr. Religion
Mr. Religion

Postby nick_nameless » Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:32 am

I think it says everything I need to say. I just can't see a how I can participate.
The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of that which is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope.
nick_nameless
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Postby stormboy » Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:33 am

I am in. I have no rule grudges. Whatever's clever.
NobleSavage wrote: I put on my purple pants and hulked-out a bit there.
stormboy
Minister of Bacony Goodness

Postby Thunderjaw » Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:02 pm

I think it says everything I need to say. I just can't see a how I can participate.

Maybe by saying what you did or didn't like?

I mean, I can deduce some of it... I don't think you're upset by the bank rule since you championed it. Based on discussions in the past I've never heard you speak much on targeted MVP's so I'm assuming there's no dislike there... Maybe it's the season length? Something else? I guess I can't deduce any of it without you actually saying something...

Or you can post a frowny face and not play. I'd prefer you DO play and your frowny faces get addressed?
++$ Brad
Thunderjaw
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Postby Brutal Legend » Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:16 pm

Is it possible to put the bank cap up to 150,000? Crazy?

And I'm looking forward to hitting the pitch again.
"I was not alone, for foolhardiness was not then mixed with that love of the grotesque and the terrible which has made my career a series of quests for strange horrors in literature and in life." H.P. Lovecraft, "The Lurking Fear" (1923)

Jon

http://jonzucchi.blogspot.com/

http://voidwarbfg.blogspot.com/
Brutal Legend
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Postby drbelanger73 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:39 pm

First off, let me say fuck Fred...

1. Targetted MVPs.
This works. Saves time. Allows teams to develop. Any and everybody is a Morkbad or a thrown rock from the grave as is.

2. Bank Rule
I am ambivilent as well. Once I got to use it, I could see its usefulness. It took me a bit to warm up to it though.

3. Season Length
Eight games seems to be more than enough. Though, the longer the season goes the better chance I seem to have of making the Dorkabowl so hell, go for it...

4. Commish
I am all for Cody keeping his chair. I cannot concieve of why someone would want to step up and try to manage such a thankless and never satisfied crowd. I mean, I love you guys... Better him than me. Thank you Cody.

5. My Golems
If anyone can suggest a steampunkish looking Golem figure I can add to my team, I am all ears. Brad will thank you as well.
drbelanger73
D-Rok

Postby quiestdeus » Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:10 pm

I am absolutely interested as well, someone has to be the doormat. 8)
quiestdeus

Postby nick_nameless » Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:29 pm

Thunderjaw wrote:

Maybe by saying what you did or didn't like?

I mean, I can deduce some of it... I don't think you're upset by the bank rule since you championed it. Based on discussions in the past I've never heard you speak much on targeted MVP's so I'm assuming there's no dislike there... Maybe it's the season length? Something else? I guess I can't deduce any of it without you actually saying something...

Or you can post a frowny face and not play. I'd prefer you DO play and your frowny faces get addressed?

I am posting a frowny face because my work schedule won't allow me to reliably participate. That is all...and as I can't participate I am refraining from comment on the rest. I think the people who can play should be the ones influencing the rules.
nick_nameless
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Postby afeinman » Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:06 pm

stormboy wrote:I am in. I have no rule grudges. Whatever's clever.

This.

Probably bring the elves. Unless there's no bank rule, then maybe orks. Kidding! No, wait.

Cody did a great job as commish, or we could try to break in a new one.
afeinman
Dr. c.f.
Dr. c.f.

Postby Thunderjaw » Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:24 pm

I am posting a frowny face because my work schedule won't allow me to reliably participate.

Oh, good... or rather bad... good that you're not unhappy with how the rules were trending but bad because you can't play as much. Whatever, you get me!
++$ Brad
Thunderjaw
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Postby Thunderjaw » Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:28 pm

If anyone can suggest a steampunkish looking Golem figure I can add to my team, I am all ears. Brad will thank you as well.

I found these the other day... I think you need a little more than just steampunk... you also need something that goes with the "evening attire" theme as well... these would look awesome, but not sure how big they are... however golems are only St4, not St5, so being really big isn't as important.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Micro-Art-W00031-Wolsung-Lab-Golem-Walking-1-Miniature-Assistant-Construct-/140956639802?pt=Games_US&hash=item20d1aba23a
++$ Brad
Thunderjaw
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Postby drbelanger73 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:43 pm

Thunderjaw wrote:I found these the other day... I think you need a little more than just steampunk... you also need something that goes with the "evening attire" theme as well... these would look awesome, but not sure how big they are... however golems are only St4, not St5, so being really big isn't as important.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Micro-Art-W00031-Wolsung-Lab-Golem-Walking-1-Miniature-Assistant-Construct-/140956639802?pt=Games_US&hash=item20d1aba23a

Those are pretty good looking. Keeps with the whole clockwork theme as well. I have a Wolsung figure on my team already, the guy with the mechanical arm. What if I add this figure to the team, then made the arm guy a golem as well? Other than the zombies, that would make them the only male/mechanical figures on the team. I can also be sure to base them maybe a little higher to increase stature.

Would this be satisfactory?
drbelanger73
D-Rok

Next

Board index Discussion Blood Bowl Discussion