Season Five

Debate the finer aspects of paying homage to Nuffle... Unless your name is Ron, in which case you're not welcome, so piss off!

Re: Season Five

Postby Zombie » Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:27 pm

Ya that sounds a little harsh to me. Perhaps you have a teared system where the penalties get worse. So if you miss one game because you dad dead and you couldn't make it you don't get as penalized as just skipping your game to avoid an opponent. The commish can decide what were this falls after talking to all parties.
Zombie
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Postby afeinman » Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:37 pm

Three weeks sounds good. I think we're all aware that we're depending on each other this league, moreso than last league. That'll help too.

Having MNGs be the only penalty is basically a benefit to someone who dodges a game against a bashy opponent. Patrick talked multiple times about doing this last league, simply skipping games against bashy teams because he worried about his rats dying. A MNG is getting off too light if he was even considering doing that calculus.

I'd prefer, instead of a star player leaving, one player has to roll on the injury table. Brutal as that is, if you'd played that game you would have rolled on it at least once (unless you had a REALLY weird game). You're still most likely to end up with an MNG. Call it the disgruntled fans or stadium owner putting out a contract on the forfeiting team. But the chance of flat-out star player death should eliminate the "well I'll just skip this game" mentality.

The Commish could also rule in exceptional circumstances (family death) which would result in skipping the penalty.
afeinman
Dr. c.f.
Dr. c.f.

Postby drbelanger73 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:41 pm

I suggested such a huge smackdown for two reasons. First, I had hoped the severity of such a suggestion would force a lesser but satisfactory response. Second, I was trying to be sure skipping games didn't become a tactic for ducking tougher opponents. Hmmm, not get mauled, have a star player sit next game, no mvp. Okay, sure; sounds like a reasonable trade.

I agree in that I don't like seeing permenant damage to teams. Nuffle can do that. 51+ players leaving until the end of the season, then having to carry the bankroll to buy them back is a lot more brutal than my suggestion; especially given the bank rule. It also targets established teams over others. I think my suggestion was comparatively simple. One smackdown, move along.
drbelanger73
D-Rok

Postby drbelanger73 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:45 pm

There is also another, simple solution...

If you think getting in one game every three weeks will be impossible, don't sign up.

Easy.
drbelanger73
D-Rok

Postby DAPatrick » Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:35 pm

afeinman wrote:Three weeks sounds good. I think we're all aware that we're depending on each other this league, moreso than last league. That'll help too.

So last league it was fine to do it I take it. Sorry Alex, but you were the one dodging opponents last season if I do recall. You want to call me out, why not explain yourself there? Know how many games I dodged? Zero. I even went out of my way to ensure that Derek was able to play in my absence and that the commish was ok with it and apologized to everyone involved.

So how did you add to the community last season?
"I can't place the guy, and I don't remember anybody being a total cockmunch at the event, but man... everything that guy posts just rubs my rhubarb the wrong way... "
DAPatrick

Postby drbelanger73 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:33 pm

Here I shall, foolishly, step in and ask that bygones be bygones.

:D

Personally, I liked Eric; but he was notoriously hard to schedule. As much as I would like to see Trahuk on the pitch again, he will not be playing. This alone should speed things up. I think a uniform one week delay, four week smackdown is fine. No questions asked, no accusations made. Penalties inflicted on both sides if neither coach can play. Season moves along. My four man sit, original TV isn't all that harsh, really. Suggesting the two TD's also be awarded in addition to the MVP encourages coaches to stick it out unti the other guy forfeits, four guys on the bench at original TV makes skipping a game painful. Skipping for whatever reason. No blame, no crying. Season moves along.
drbelanger73
D-Rok

Postby Lucyth » Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:42 pm

Patrick, let's keep the discussion constructive. If you've got an issue with Alex please move it to PMs or offline.

I DO like Alex's suggestion. A random player gets hurt, no apothecary. It seems very blood bowlish: a disgruntled fan hurls a rock at the players as they leave the stadium.

Unless we have some more suggestions, I figure we can put it to a vote soon! Then we can start thinking about signups and such.
ryltar wrote:I would hate to disappoint your cock Ian.
Lucyth
Mr. Religion
Mr. Religion

Postby ryltar » Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:14 pm

Lucyth wrote:
- Hopefully, the Champ will be returning, though Greg has been absent in the hot summer months.

I plan to be back to defend the title. I had no rules issues with last season (or the previous one either). I trust in Nuffle to guide the commissioner's hand as necessary.
ryltar
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Postby drbelanger73 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:31 pm

ryltar wrote:I trust in Nuffle to guide the commissioner's hand as necessary.

You are a sick, demented man...
drbelanger73
D-Rok

Postby Lucyth » Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:40 pm

drbelanger73 wrote:
ryltar wrote:I trust in Nuffle to guide the commissioner's hand as necessary.

You are a sick, demented man...

He's also the current champ.

You're just a chump.

A one trick pony chump.

XO's Khadar Darkheart
Lucyth
Mr. Religion
Mr. Religion

Postby drbelanger73 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:51 pm

See you on the field Khadar; no probably not.

XO - Rachel (the other superstar)
drbelanger73
D-Rok

Postby Lucyth » Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:52 pm

So after arguing and discussing with Brad tonight, we came up with the following idea for dealing with forfeits:

There are two types of concessions: a Faultless Forfeit and a At-Fault Forfeit. The difference is simple:

Faultless Forfeit: A situation where two coaches simply cannot find a time and place to play their game. Despite active communication with the Commissioner and their opponent, the coaches cannot play their game within the allotted timeframe (due to conflicting schedules, real life emergencies, etc). In this situation, the Commissioner declares a Faultless Forfeit and a 0-0 tie is recorded for the two teams. No winnings, Fan Factor, or Star Player Points will be awarded to or deducted from either team. In addition, the player with the highest amount of SPPs on each team will be Missing Next Game (MNG). No further action is taken, and both coaches move on to their next match.

At-Fault Forfeit: A situation where it is apparent to either the League in general and/or to the Commissioner that a coach is "ducking" or not making a true effort to play his opponent for any number of reasons. This coach is considered to be at fault for the game not being played. His opponent is awarded a 2-0 Win and receives his opponents winnings and MVP roll for the match. In addition, the coach at fault automatically loses 1 Fan Factor and all players on his team with 51+ SPPs must each roll a D6. On a roll of 4+, nothing happens. On a roll of 1 that player is MNG for 3 games, on a roll of 2 that player is MNG for 2 games, and on a roll of 3 that player is MNG for one game.

*These rules would replace the rules for conceding in a League Match on page 29 of the Rulebook.

In most cases, with active communication between the coaches and with the Commissioner, potential forfeits fall neatly into one of the two categories. Rare cases will require a ruling from the Commissioner on which penalty is to be applied.
Lucyth
Mr. Religion
Mr. Religion

Postby stormboy » Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:57 am

That sounds great!

Any other details to iron out before we get ourselves going?
NobleSavage wrote: I put on my purple pants and hulked-out a bit there.
stormboy
Minister of Bacony Goodness

Postby drbelanger73 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:17 pm

LETS DO THIS THING!!!

:mrgreen:

That is, as soon as my figures get here from Poland...
drbelanger73
D-Rok

Postby Brutal Legend » Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:53 pm

I need to hold off signing up officially until I know a little better what my work situation is going to be. There's still 15 days until the deadline, which gives me nice time to sort things out.
"I was not alone, for foolhardiness was not then mixed with that love of the grotesque and the terrible which has made my career a series of quests for strange horrors in literature and in life." H.P. Lovecraft, "The Lurking Fear" (1923)

Jon

http://jonzucchi.blogspot.com/

http://voidwarbfg.blogspot.com/
Brutal Legend
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

PreviousNext

Board index Discussion Blood Bowl Discussion