Wood Elf Teams

Debate the finer aspects of paying homage to Nuffle... Unless your name is Ron, in which case you're not welcome, so piss off!

Wood Elf Teams

Postby Zombie » Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:00 am

Anyone know of some cool wood elf miniatures. I've looked around but haven't seen anything I've liked. I looked at the impact stuff but wasn't sold. I think as a backup plan I may just try to convert some GW WHFB elves.
Zombie
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Re: Wood Elf Teams

Postby Thunderjaw » Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:19 am

For such a popular team, the execution on Wood Elves seems to be lacking... The options are basically as follows:

1. GW's Wood Elves... classic but with a defined look that some people hate. I love mine, but I think that's mostly the Christmas theme... I'd probably hate them bare metal. :)

2. Gaspez has "Savage Elves" of which I think the best statement on them is "meh"... some figs look good... other's not so much.

3. Meiko (Comixininos) has their Wood Elves... again, a mix of good and bad figs.

3. Shadowforge has their "Wood/Pro" elves... nothing really wood-ish about them.

4. Impact has Timberline - some good figs, some wtf horrible.

5. Greebo has their woodelves that are all female and half of which appear to really want to play with a different type of "balls". Still, some great sculpts in there...

6. Convert your own... The problem there being so many wood elf figures that are carrying bows and have awkward arm positions and lots of cloaks. That being said the WFB Wardancers could be used pretty well for wardancers, but that seems to be the figure that tends to be the coolest on the other stuff.

I'd almost think the best bet would be to piece together a complete team across multiple ranges. They appear that they'd mix and match fairly well.

Then grab a Meiko tree to top it all off!
++$ Brad
Thunderjaw
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Postby Zombie » Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:41 am

Damn, I need that treeman.
Zombie
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Postby Drool_bucket » Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:44 am

+1 to Brad's entire post.

I love and use the 2nd edition BB elves as my Wood Elves...
TAFK
Drool_bucket
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Board index Discussion Blood Bowl Discussion