League status?

Debate the finer aspects of paying homage to Nuffle... Unless your name is Ron, in which case you're not welcome, so piss off!

League status?

Postby afeinman » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:58 pm

So where are we at with the league?

I feel like I probably have at least one game left before the playoffs. I know we're all distracted by other stuff, but it'd be good to wrap this one up.
afeinman
Dr. c.f.
Dr. c.f.

Re: League status?

Postby quiestdeus » Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:07 pm

I'm still due to play Derrick, but I do not think that is going to happen. Last I heard from him he had class on Thursday nights now, which is not overly conducive to Eagles gaming :(

After that Brad and I have to play, then I am all done.
quiestdeus

Postby Thunderjaw » Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:33 pm

I'm waiting on Cody to make a decision. This wait is annoying, but I trust that Cody is trying to get some sort of response from Derek to avoid having to be heavy handed about it.

Plus I'm "meh" about the rest of the season and don't really care that much. :)
++$ Brad
Thunderjaw
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Postby agentorange » Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:48 pm

Ill contact him and see if I can have him post that he is officially out; hopefully that will clear this all up.
agentorange

Postby Brutal Legend » Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:59 pm

League status: "Sorry we are no longer in business (oh and don't leave a message because no one is going to check it)." It's such a pity because blood bowl is awesome and more people should be playing it all the time. Same with 40k. Fuck Malifaux!
"I was not alone, for foolhardiness was not then mixed with that love of the grotesque and the terrible which has made my career a series of quests for strange horrors in literature and in life." H.P. Lovecraft, "The Lurking Fear" (1923)

Jon

http://jonzucchi.blogspot.com/

http://voidwarbfg.blogspot.com/
Brutal Legend
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Postby Thunderjaw » Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:43 pm

I don't think this has any bearing on the league as a whole though. Everyone wants to get their games in. They just can't. My interest in Bloodbowl hasn't faded at all. My interest in finishing this league has simply because it's been bogged down by a specific incident (and I don't want to be in the playoffs).

Aside from that, Viva la Bloodbowl.
++$ Brad
Thunderjaw
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Postby Brutal Legend » Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:05 pm

Thunderjaw wrote:Aside from that, Viva la Bloodbowl.

Hells yeah. But how are we even going to play open league if we can't get matches posted (the schedule match pull down needs editing)?

I'm not looking in derek's direction anymore, I'm looking in Cody's. Why hasn't Cody done anything to move the league along or respond to anybody's questions? Why are other people making his excuses? If only there was someone in charge of the blood bowl league that could make decisions and restore order to the chaos.
"I was not alone, for foolhardiness was not then mixed with that love of the grotesque and the terrible which has made my career a series of quests for strange horrors in literature and in life." H.P. Lovecraft, "The Lurking Fear" (1923)

Jon

Brutal Legend
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Postby DAPatrick » Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:41 pm

Brutal Legend wrote: If only there was someone in charge of the blood bowl league that could make decisions and restore order to the chaos.

LOL. And I thought that last season was bad... I decided not to play because I knew I couldn't commit to a game every 2 weeks. I didn't realize that that was a very very loose guideline.
Didn't Cody clearly line out what happens in this instance? 2-0 defeat and Derek's 51+ guys start rolling injury rolls. All that is needed is someone with admins privileges to just go that for Derek's games, mark them as played and move on. Why doesn't someone with admin rights just do this?
"I can't place the guy, and I don't remember anybody being a total cockmunch at the event, but man... everything that guy posts just rubs my rhubarb the wrong way... "
DAPatrick

Postby Drool_bucket » Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:47 pm

I think Jim and I are the two other admins on the site, and neither of us are directly involved this season.

If people want, I will clear up Derek's stuff and allow his opponents to move on. commish emeritus et all....
TAFK
Drool_bucket
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Postby Brutal Legend » Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:48 pm

Wait, is Cody dead? Because I'd feel really bad if he was dead. Is Derek dead?

Jon

Brutal Legend
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Postby DAPatrick » Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:16 pm

Brutal Legend wrote:Wait, is Cody dead? Because I'd feel really bad if he was dead. Is Derek dead?

Hilarious!!
"I can't place the guy, and I don't remember anybody being a total cockmunch at the event, but man... everything that guy posts just rubs my rhubarb the wrong way... "
DAPatrick

Board index Discussion Blood Bowl Discussion