DMBBL privileges

Debate the finer aspects of paying homage to Nuffle... Unless your name is Ron, in which case you're not welcome, so piss off!

DMBBL privileges

Postby ryltar » Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:57 pm

Hey All,

Who has scheduling privileges on the dmbbl site? I understand Cody is up to his ears in life, and can commiserate. My quarter final was forfeited (Littosting v Vhaeraun's Blades, Brian can confirm) to me, and would like to move on against Pride of Pangea. Can anyone schedule these games?

Greg
ryltar
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Re: DMBBL privileges

Postby Brutal Legend » Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:09 pm

Yes. I'm waiting for the results of that game against The Pride.
"I was not alone, for foolhardiness was not then mixed with that love of the grotesque and the terrible which has made my career a series of quests for strange horrors in literature and in life." H.P. Lovecraft, "The Lurking Fear" (1923)

Jon

http://jonzucchi.blogspot.com/

http://voidwarbfg.blogspot.com/
Brutal Legend
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Postby afeinman » Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:09 pm

It's possible Ian can act as Commish-In-Absentia.
afeinman
Dr. c.f.
Dr. c.f.

Postby Drool_bucket » Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:24 pm

Okay,

so there has been some rumblings in the background about Commissionership.

WIthout consulting any other coaches, it has been decided that Jim is going to Commish next season and Brad will be Vice Commish and I will be Commish Emeritus.

What that really means is that Jim is going to start pumping up the Blood Bowl bad wagon again. I was going to let him come and and introduce himself, but he's failed. What a start to his reign of terror.

But I will ask Jeremy to give Brad admin access on the DMBBL site, Jim and I already have it.

So, I will fix up any matches that are needed, but honestly, I don't know what's going on at all, my understanding is that an incorrect match up was already played? Can you guys just agree with who's left and in what brackets and I'll make the rest work.

Thus ends the Reign of Cody the Second, Now it's Jim the First's job to fuck it up.

Next Season will be announced soon enough, but with plenty of Open Play first with the intention of re-kindling the fires of BB at Dorka and getting the coach count back up a bit. I know both Jeremy and myself are going to play next season, Zhent has mentioned it as well and we will be forcing JR to play as well, that fucker needs to get to the Eagles more often. There will also be a heavy drive amongst the new Malifaux community to assemble a team and get playing. Jonah, ArmyMatt?

ZombieMatt, who sucks at BB, does not seem interested anymore. Can we influence him as a community and see how low he can get his win percentage? :twisted:
TAFK
Drool_bucket
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Postby Brutal Legend » Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:32 pm

Drool_bucket wrote:So, I will fix up any matches that are needed, but honestly, I don't know what's going on at all, my understanding is that an incorrect match up was already played?

Can you be more specific about which match that is? If you're referring to a match between Jack and I, we had the sanction of the late commissioner to play that game.
"I was not alone, for foolhardiness was not then mixed with that love of the grotesque and the terrible which has made my career a series of quests for strange horrors in literature and in life." H.P. Lovecraft, "The Lurking Fear" (1923)

Jon

Brutal Legend
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Postby Drool_bucket » Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:46 pm

I dont' know, that's the problem.

All I am saying is tell me who is playing who in what bracket, so I don't fuck it up. I'm not saying games are going to voided or replayed. I just don't know where the playoffs sit and need you guys to tell me.
TAFK
Drool_bucket
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Postby afeinman » Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:48 pm

I think all the games are okay. My understanding:
* Travis and I played on one side. Travis won. This game is in the incorrect "Tournament" right now.
* Travis must play Greg to win the Cake division. This game needs to be set up.
* John is last-man-standing in the Pie division, so John plays the winner of Greg/Travis.
afeinman
Dr. c.f.
Dr. c.f.

Postby Brutal Legend » Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:50 pm

afeinman wrote:I think all the games are okay. My understanding:
* Travis and I played on one side. Travis won. This game is in the incorrect "Tournament" right now.
* Travis must play Greg to win the Cake division. This game needs to be set up.
* John is last-man-standing in the Pie division, so John plays the winner of Greg/Travis.

That's what it is right there.

Jon

Brutal Legend
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Postby ryltar » Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:34 pm

So then this brings up another question. I had a quarterfinal game that was forfeited, whereas the other division appears to simply have dropped two teams. Do I get a forfeit (2d6 winnings, ff, 2MVPs) or a bye? I would like the forfeit but I think my vote is strongly biased and of questionable value in this situation. I'll go with what others in the league or the new commish think is appropriate.
ryltar
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Postby Thunderjaw » Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:49 pm

Jon is NOT the last man standing in the Pie Division.

Cody posted the following "Playoff Matchups" BEFORE all the games were finalized...

Pie Division Playoffs:
Roaring Rabbits v. Weisenland Warriors
Animal Farm v. Orion's Hunters

I resolved my final game and told Cody that I wasn't playing in the playoffs. At the time I assumed that would change the matchups and it would be the "next man up" since there's 4 people in the matchups and 5 people in the division. The 5th person was Cody, who clearly, though I didn't realize it at the time, had taken himself out of the playoffs as well.

So that being said, Jon won his game, so he should be playing Matt next with the winner of that match going on to face the winner of the Greg/Travis matchup.
++$ Brad
Thunderjaw
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Postby afeinman » Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:14 pm

Alright, so John needs to poke Matt to see when/if that can be played?
afeinman
Dr. c.f.
Dr. c.f.

Postby Zombie » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:16 pm

wait what how did i make the playoffs. i dont relly have any intrest in playing more bloodbowl so unless there is an objection i think jon is the pie champ.
Zombie
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Postby nick_nameless » Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:06 pm

Let it be known that I did not fail, I merely made an attempt to get in touch with cody and was giving him a bit of time to respond to me. And seeing as I have been nominated for next season, I was not in a rush to say anything.

That said, If someone needs something done on the DMBBLM site, PM me and I will attend to it as soon as I can.

Look for the next blood bowl season to start in the summer, post 40K league.
The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of that which is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope.
nick_nameless
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Postby DAPatrick » Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:50 pm

nick_nameless wrote:Let it be known that I did not fail, I merely made an attempt to get in touch with cody and was giving him a bit of time to respond to me. And seeing as I have been nominated for next season, I was not in a rush to say anything.

That said, If someone needs something done on the DMBBLM site, PM me and I will attend to it as soon as I can.

Look for the next blood bowl season to start in the summer, post 40K league.

This Thursday there was some talk about bloodbowl and how and why it was/is successful. Several of the 'regulars' talked about holding a 'league tournament' at the Eagles on a Saturday. A 3 or 4 game ONE DAY bracketed Tournament using league teams in which it is essentially a play-off bracket determined, played, and updated on the spot where you play your DMBBL developed teams in a tournament setting on a Saturday and it is a one and done sort of thing, so everyone is there, everyone plays and once it is done we don't have to sit around and wait MONTHS for someone else to play the game.

Would there be any interest in this? I know we have to settle the current season, but this might be a good way to drum up interest in an inter-season play without anything being too serious or too much of a commitment and hopefully without the stupid delays which have happened EVERY season near playoff's.

I'm just throwing this idea out there. If there is interest I can arrange an internet connection, computer and printer for the weekend so we can print everything out and it might be a good way for some newer players to develop their team, get some SPP's and whatnot.

If this were to happen, the idea wouldn't be to randomly match up teams so that a fully developed team meets a totally new 1000k team, I guess initial seeding would be determined based upon the following criteria:

1. Call outs - you got an asshole you want to fuck up? Call them out in the first round and if they accept, you two punch each other's shit it.
2. Gruge matches - Have you ever wanted to see just what K's Krushers would do to The Screaming Balls? Well today is your lucky day! You nominate games and the commish arranges *some* of them.
3. Team/Coach standings - Good teams face good teams, seasoned coaches face season coaches.
4. Team value - so new teams don't get destroyed, they can play development games.

I haven't done any begging or the usual coercion tactics which seem necessary to get something to happen in DM lately, I am just relaying an idea which was set forth. I haven't talked to Jim about this or any of the 4 commissioners that we currently have. Jim, I don't mean to step on any toes with this, I see it as something which could easily be done in conjunction with the start to a league, but could also be done once the new summer league is over, or even just used as a way to develop your team in a sort of competative, but mainly fun sort of full day event.

Is there interest in this?
"I can't place the guy, and I don't remember anybody being a total cockmunch at the event, but man... everything that guy posts just rubs my rhubarb the wrong way... "
DAPatrick

Postby quiestdeus » Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:22 am

I would love to see the new season bookended with something like this. The first could be "preseason" games (that count) as all the teams get ready for the upcoming season, then we play N games over the next couple of months, and do a similar one day event to hammer out the playoffs all at once.

LOVE the idea.
quiestdeus

Next

Board index Discussion Blood Bowl Discussion