Upcoming releases

Through the Breach, and we're not talking about a glory hole...

Upcoming releases

Postby afeinman » Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:11 pm

Really I'm excited mostly for the Shenlong box. (Existing Shenlong will likely become a proxy for...something? Wandering River monk, maybe?)

Anything catch your eye? I know Ed's been lusting after everything in sight.

Is it time to put together a GenCon order? (anyone going?)
afeinman
Dr. c.f.
Dr. c.f.

Re: Upcoming releases

Postby Thunderjaw » Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:13 pm

Too much stuff!

I'm basically in for all the Guild, Neverborn and Rezzer stuff... which aside from the Riders is mostly Guild stuff. I'm definitely grabbing the Crossroads 7, Starter Box, New Book and the Upgrade Cards. Probably Ulix and the Dark Carnival as well.
++$ Brad
Thunderjaw
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Postby Michaud » Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:20 pm

Last edited by Michaud on Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Michaud

Postby afeinman » Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:27 pm

What about Into The Breach? I'm a hardcore story-based RPG fan so it's tempting, and Fred said he was going to run something, but...it seems like the releases are coming out pretty fast.
afeinman
Dr. c.f.
Dr. c.f.

Postby tinfoil » Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:30 pm

I'm not sure I'm up for actually running something Through the Breach (see what I did there?). But I'm kinda tempted. Bought the books.

Damn, there's a bunch of choice toys coming out. Does someone need to actually go to Gen Con to get the "pre-release" releases?
"the closest thing we have to a nice guy is that asshole fred."
-Bruce of Bruce

"Oh, look at me! I have a bowling shirt on!!! I'm in a little toy club!!!"
-Exokan
tinfoil
Dream-Crushing Jerk
Dream-Crushing Jerk

Postby Thunderjaw » Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:45 pm

I've bought the Through the Breach stuff that's out so far, and I figure that's enough for now. No sense going nuts on it if I haven't used the first batch.
++$ Brad
Thunderjaw
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Postby Jonasty » Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:16 pm

tinfoil wrote:Does someone need to actually go to Gen Con to get the "pre-release" releases?

Everything in the list will be available through the webstore during GenCon weekend. Some folks just shoot for people to mule product back to avoid S&H. But especially the pre-release stuff, get it now cause who know when you'll see it. Shen Long, all those gremlins, etc they might not hit street sale for months afterwards.
Jonasty

Postby anumberone » Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:56 pm

Lusting after everything for sure! I expected some cool things to come out but not this avalanche of awesomeness. There are going to be some hard decisions to make. I've waited a good while for Jack Daw so he's a definite. Crossroads 7 are thematically amazing but I think they are going to be a puzzle to play and Daw is going to be enough of that. Shenlong is sooo cool but also seems like he'll take time to figure out.

I can wait on the new book and the starter but Jonah is right when he says a bunch of it won't be out for months. Mah or Ulix might be my other buy. Ulix seems damn solid and pigs are a blast to use. And Mah and the Little Lass are comedy gold, which is why I wanted to try Gremlins in the first place.

Soon it will all be mine...Soon. .
anumberone

Postby Jonasty » Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:17 pm

Yeah broke as shit means I'm super lean this year which blows hard. It's funny though, for me the book is a must buy simply so I have the rules and stats to read and get ready for.

I'm really trying to stick to my guns on no crew purchases cause I've got 3 crew boxes I haven't even finished assembling or played so I'm gonna try hard not to pick up another but it's mighty tempting. At this point I think I might flesh out my incoming Collodi with some Effigies and grab the Lone Swordsman for my TT crews. I know Dark Carnival is a definite no-go cause I already own Colette so I really can't justify it. Maybe in a future sale.

All I know is I'm gonna hit the 100 so I get the miss model cause that thing looks great.
Jonasty

Postby jeremy » Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:43 am

Damn... Those gremlin boxes do look nice. Hmm, must plan... I'm also interested in the Shifting Loyalties campaign book. I've been out of the loop for awhile, but would be an interesting twist to the game.
"Christianity is the belief that a cosmic Jewish zombie, who was his own father, can make you live forever, if you symbolically eat his flesh and drink his blood, and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity, because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree.... makes perfect sense.
jeremy
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Postby Thunderjaw » Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:56 pm

There's more to it than just the campaign. 3-4ish new models per faction plus the Emissaries.
++$ Brad
Thunderjaw
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Postby Jonasty » Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:51 pm

What Brad said although the Campaign system looked really tight at the end of the Beta for it. Assuming they didn't fuck all around with it before publishing I think there's gonna be a lot of interest in it locally.
Jonasty

Postby PeregrineFalcon » Thu Jul 16, 2015 5:03 pm

I'm a sick person, think I'm getting the following:

Shifting Loyalties
Shifting Loyalties Campaign Deck
2x Starter boxes (1 as a thank you to Mike S.)
Hooded Rider
Dark Carnival
Brutal Effigy
Arcane Effigy
Iggy
Crossroads 7
-----
Collodi (Probably just get thru Warstore though)
Daw (Probably just wait for Warstore though)

This is one of (if not) the best years for Wyrd releases. So awesome. Love the Miss this year too! I want to get the RPG but with all the 1 offs coming in the boxes and I do want Darkness Comes Rattling but want to demo it first.
PeregrineFalcon

Postby Nebushadnezar » Thu Jul 16, 2015 5:20 pm

So who is going with a trailler?
Festivus, for the rest of us!
-Eldrad Ulthran
Nebushadnezar
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Postby PeregrineFalcon » Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:45 am

I'll have two suitcases and fly southwest so bags are free