Jonah's Malifaux Campaign Info

Through the Breach, and we're not talking about a glory hole...

Jonah's Malifaux Campaign Info

Postby Jonasty » Fri Sep 11, 2015 1:02 pm

Malifaux Campaign Info

We'll be following all of the standard campaign rules as laid out in Shifting Loyalties except where noted here.

General Info
  • We will be utilizing two of the optional rules from the book, The Good Doctor and Cut Em Up for Parts (pg 33).
  • The weekly event will not be flipped, instead we will be using the Nythera weekly events from Wyrd. (I'll post these directly on the DM forums for ease of reference.)
  • I will be maintaining a Google doc sheet of everyone's Arsenal that I'll update as the campaign progresses.

Timing
  • Campaign weeks will start Friday mornings and go through the following Thursday night (to coincide with the weekly events update for Nythera).
  • All Start of Week activities (hiring new models/upgrades, adding a master) must be submitted by end of day Saturday.
  • Any changes to your Arsenal via the Aftermath phase (Barter purchases, Injuries, etc) should be submitted for update before your next campaign game is played to avoid confusion.
  • Given the small soul stone size games being played to start there will be chances to play multiple games in a single session. Since we're not playing a competitive campaign requiring individual tracking you can just submit your final Arsenal changes after all games played from a given session.

Nythera event interaction
  • Since we're all going to be using the Nythera weekly events posted by Wyrd, any campaign game played can be used for the Nythera Event if both players agree. You would just submit the results as instructed on the Wyrd site.
  • Because not everyone will be participating in the Nythera Event, the Stronghold rules for campaigns from the Event will not be available since these provide in-game bonuses.

Think this covers everything. Feel free to ask any questions you have. Otherwise start planning out those starting Arsenals! Kick off is a week from today!

(Note: When discussing the campaign my assumption will be that people own or have access to the Shifting Loyalties book so I won't be spelling out specific items from it by default. If you don't have easy access to it and need info feel free to ask for clarifications as necessary.)

Here's Jonah's Google Doc link to the arsenals and such...

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NF_qsAzox8j9CSL5-hY8VcfIiRJoKRQuPGTLS-6Ezhw/edit?usp=sharing
Last edited by Jonasty on Sat Sep 12, 2015 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jonasty

Re: Malifaux Campaign Info

Postby Jonasty » Fri Sep 11, 2015 2:52 pm

Hangouts thread indicated a number of folks are without the book. I've uploaded the final Beta version of the campaign rules on google drive. If there are any major changes between this and the final published version you need to be aware of I'll let you know. But this should get everyone started.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwELaHEGuiWQVFZpWFNKcFl1WDg/view?usp=sharing
Jonasty

Postby afeinman » Fri Sep 11, 2015 2:59 pm

Do we need proxy models on hand? e.g. special event where a random Rider rides into town...
afeinman
Dr. c.f.
Dr. c.f.

Postby Jonasty » Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:37 pm

Because the events are random I'm not expecting people to have specific proxies on hand. If you have a similar model on the appropriate size base that's fine. You can just use a blank base of the right size if you want.
Jonasty

Postby afeinman » Sat Sep 12, 2015 11:09 am

Board admins: Can we unsticky the old campaign and sticky this one instead?
afeinman
Dr. c.f.
Dr. c.f.

Postby Jonasty » Sat Sep 12, 2015 1:02 pm

Updated the Timing section with the following:

Given the small soul stone size games being played to start there will be chances to play multiple games in a single session. Since we're not playing a competitive campaign requiring individual tracking you can just submit your final Arsenal changes after all games played from a given session.
Jonasty

Board index Discussion Malifaux Discussion