Malifaux Campaign Week 1 (Ends eod Thurs 9/24)(CLOSED)

Through the Breach, and we're not talking about a glory hole...

Malifaux Campaign Week 1 (Ends eod Thurs 9/24)(CLOSED)

Postby Jonasty » Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:00 pm

Week 1 of the campaign has officially started!!!

Feel free to use this thread to post game results and Aftermath updates to your Arsenal. And to talk whatever shit you may feel like expressing.

Below is the weekly event in place for all campaign games this week.

The Lonely Information Broker

Tales tell of a masked information broker, in a dapper suit and top hat, who seems to know a little too much... Reports have sighted him all over Breachside, telling tales in the city and through the Badlands. Whether it is one man or many is uncertain, but only a fool would pass up this chance...

An Information Broker joins every Encounter this week. Place a 30mm Information Broker Marker in the center of the table (or as close as possible). This Marker is Ht 2, impassable, blocking, and it may be attacked. When it is attacked it is considered to have Df and Wp of 6 and 8 Wd. The Crew which is not Attacking it flips and cheats for it. It can only be damaged by attacks which directly target it.

Any model within 1" of the Information Broker may take either of the following actions:

Take a (1) Interact Action targeting it to ask it for information. The player may spend 1 Scrip to gain 2 LP in any non-Nythera location controlled by another Faction. A player may not earn more than 6 LP from this event during Week 3 (that is a total from all their games, i.e. if you get 6 in the first game, you can't get any in any other games).(Nythera event ability, disregard if you're not playing a Nythera game.)

Take a (1) Interact Action targeting it to ask it for guidance. When this happens, flip a card which may not be cheated:
  • Black Joker: The model is immediately killed.
  • Ram: Heal all damage on the model.
  • Tome: The model's controller may place a Scheme Marker anywhere on the board.
  • Crow: The model's controller gains 2 Scrip.
  • Mask: The model's controller gains 2 Scrip.
  • Red Joker: The model's controller flips an additonal Barter Card at the end of the game.
Last edited by Jonasty on Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jonasty

Re: Malifaux Campaign Week 1 (Ends eod Thurs 9/24)

Postby afeinman » Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:55 pm

"Black Joker: The model is immediately killed."

Remind me not to talk to _that_ guy again. This sounds like one of Ron's stories.
afeinman
Dr. c.f.
Dr. c.f.

Postby Zombie » Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:04 pm

I played ed for our first league games.

I won 9-4
Earned 6 script
Spent 4 script on enchanced weapons for sam.
Stalker 1 : big head
Stalker 2 : cursed
Zombie
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Postby anumberone » Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:48 pm

Lost first game 4-9 and ended up with 2 script and spent it on sending Baby Kade to the doctor where he ended up undead.

Candy got Foolhardy, no defensive stance, oh no. Never use it with her. Insidious Madness got Shaken for the next game and it went away. Changeling got Swamp hex and has to discard a card to use a 0 action.

Lost second game 1-8 to Marc's Gremlins but we played Nyethera and I got 4 Lp out of the informant so not much of a loss. Earned 4 script altogether because of injuries.Ended up getting my Insidious Madness knocked out, picked up Dynamite for an exploding Baby Kade. Doppelganger has a Broken arm so her MI attack is -1. Perfectly acceptable for a model using another's attack actions. Primordial Magic has Shakey Nerves and can't charge and the Changeling has Baggage and basically drops a scheme marker for the enemy.

All in all I'm not too worried about the impact of brutal injuries on my crew. You can actually do a lot to prevent injuries on your guys. And a Campaign rating of -3 will give me some extra soulstones. Time to get some range in this crew!
anumberone

Postby Michaud » Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:08 am

In Ed and I's game I gained 5 scrip total, and spent 4 of those scrip to make Burt Jebsen a duelist, giving him +1 MI. Puts him at MI 7.

A bayou gremlin was killed in the game, but did not receive any injuries.

This will put my arsenal at:

Trixibelle [8]
---A Gun for a Lady [1]
Burt Jebsen [7]
---(Duelist, +1 MI)
Gracie [10]
Slop Hauler [5]
Bayou Gremlin [3]
--------------------------------
34 Stones total, 33 Stones without upgrades.

2 Scrip in the bank.
Michaud

Postby Jonasty » Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:03 pm

Some awesome results so far, even Ed's craziness.

Arsenal sheet is updated based on the results.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NF_qsAzox8j9CSL5-hY8VcfIiRJoKRQuPGTLS-6Ezhw/edit?usp=sharing
Jonasty

Re: Malifaux Campaign Week 1 (Ends eod Thurs 9/24)(CLOSED)

Postby Jonasty » Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:55 am

Week 1 is finished! Congrats to those that got games in. I know Eagles being shut kinda nixed play for some, hopefully we'll get more people involved moving forward.
Jonasty

Re: Malifaux Campaign Week 1 (Ends eod Thurs 9/24)(CLOSED)

Postby Zombie » Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:06 am

Nm
Zombie
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Board index Discussion Malifaux Discussion