Mali-fest 2015 Info?

Through the Breach, and we're not talking about a glory hole...

Mali-fest 2015 Info?

Postby PeregrineFalcon » Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:48 am

When we getting more info on Mali-fest info?

Also, I expect painting requirements, but as far as proxies. I'm debating between some of the Puppet Wars models or using the flying monkeys from the Dark Carnival box.

Would people have issue if I used the monkeys over the puppet wars models?

I've started the painting queue in prep for Mali-fest and I have a lot to paint so need to prioritize.
PeregrineFalcon

Re: Mali-fest 2015 Info?

Postby Zombie » Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:50 am

What are you proxying with them?
Zombie
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Postby PeregrineFalcon » Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:56 am

LOL Guess I should have said that.

Changelings. I'd like to proxy the Dark Carnival Flying Monkeys as Changelings, but if people have issue with that I can use some of the Puppet Wars models i snagged (i.e. Puppet LadyJ, Puppet Seamus, Puppet Hooded Rider, Puppet Judge, Puppet Bete, Puppet Misaki, Puppet Vick of Ashes). However I prefer the look of the flying monkeys and think they remind me more of a changeling and the fact they can move with their 'blink of an eye' action.
PeregrineFalcon

Postby Drool_bucket » Sun Oct 18, 2015 12:15 pm

Puppets would be a much better choice for things like Changelings and the such.

what I would warn against is, unless you are doing all puppets as a crew and each puppet is the correct proxy for what it is, don't do "these puppets are Changelings and these other puppets are stitched together.

Significantly more leniency in proxies at Mali-Fest but still gotta be reasonable.
TAFK
Drool_bucket
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Postby PeregrineFalcon » Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:44 pm

Well I have all the other puppets I need. Only reason I've decided I don't like the puppets as much as the flying monkeys is that they 'look similar' to other malifaux models, where as flying monkeys are unique and not really like anything else in the game.

Happy to do either just want to make sure I only paint one cause I have a lot to paint.

All the 'other puppets' I have are legit models. For example I've had 2 stitched together since 1.5 and everything else is either new plastic or a conversion (i.e. the Mysterious Emissary).

So yeah just want a ruling, flying monkeys or I pick 3 random puppets from Puppet Wars (i.e. Hooded Rider/Misaki/Bete).
PeregrineFalcon

Board index Discussion Malifaux Discussion