[Mali-Fest '15] Comments and Questions

Through the Breach, and we're not talking about a glory hole...

Re: [Mali-Fest '15] Comments and Questions

Postby Zombie » Thu Dec 10, 2015 11:47 am

Score sheet are always tough. I wonder if you had to circle win/loss/tie if theywould be easyer.
Zombie
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Postby PeregrineFalcon » Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:28 pm

Thunderjaw wrote:The amount of detail and attention people paid to writing their scores down was atrocious. I got handed sheets where a simple number looked like someone was trying to do an impressionistic interpretation of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. So it's very likely that some things are completely wrong.

We're going to make some adjustments to that score sheet format to maybe help alleviate some of that, but in the end, if someone writes something, scribbles over it and rights something else on top it's hard to compensate for.

Oh man I know. Been there, can be frustrating :( I'd love to see the adjustments (maybe people just fill in boxes to signify VPs so we dont have to read numbers).

I literally give people their sheets back if I can't read them. Its so frustrating to enter in score sheets. Even when I double and triple check there is always an error somewhere cause I can't read something. So as TO's we just do what seems right at the time, and you guys def. did an awesome job at that to make sure people didn't play same (or similar tables, or players from same area, etc.). All on-the-fly, impressive considering the software (and peoples hand writing) failing you!

In no way does any of this change my sentiment on how awesome the event was. It was one of the best run events I've been to. I'll take a look at the numbers and know it won't change any results but when (if) they go into warscore I'll try and spot check things.
PeregrineFalcon

Postby Drool_bucket » Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:57 pm

Funny thing is I tried to simplify the sheet this time and while I got fewer "how do I do this" questions we got handed a lot of incorrectly filled out sheets because players were trying to include information they knew I could use!

Top table was still top and people got their tickets, so still a win!
TAFK
Drool_bucket
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Postby PeregrineFalcon » Sun Dec 13, 2015 11:54 pm

For anyone that cares I entered these in while watching the Patriots tonight.

http://warscore.net/event/236/view.html
PeregrineFalcon

Previous

Board index Discussion Malifaux Discussion