Malifaux at CaptainCon 2016 Feb 5 - 7

Through the Breach, and we're not talking about a glory hole...

Malifaux at CaptainCon 2016 Feb 5 - 7

Postby PeregrineFalcon » Mon Jan 04, 2016 3:28 pm

Friendly reminder about CaptainCon 2016, Feb. 5-7th in Warwick, RI. We are going to have a great time with lots of Malifaux games. This is the last week the 3-day weekend badge costs $45, than it goes up to $50, and at the door it will be $60.

Information over at http://captaincon.com/

Ian is running the GG event, but there is going to be a 'Shifting Loyalties-like' event on Sunday by Kevin W., and some fun events run by Manny A. through out the weekend. So go sign-up!!!

....oh and yeah...lots of drinking as always ;p
PeregrineFalcon

Re: Malifaux at CaptainCon 2016 Feb 5 - 7

Postby Gauner » Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:51 am

I'll be there. I've only played a few games, but I pre-registered for the Sunday event and the shoot-out event on Friday.

I'm hoping to get in a few games between now and then, but I'm booked this Thursday and next week is out because my wife is on the road for work (which means I'm watching our little one).

Anyone up for a game on a weekend? This one or next? (Maybe I should post this in the LFG section...)

I have a friend of mine on the hook for Malifaux as well. He picked up some models over the holidays, so that's a good sign! It would be great to set up a demo game for him as well. That might push him over the edge for going to CaptainCon.

Anyone up for that?
Gauner

Postby Drool_bucket » Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:36 am

There is a fair amount on non-Thursday night Malifaux that goes down.... the biggest issue is knowing the where and when and then knowing the hosts.

I'll let others chime in so not to open their homes to you, but I have been known to get a pick up game or two in on off nights, but nothing regular enough to warrant posting.

where do you live?

CaptainCon is going to be awesome, the Malifaux stuff is really good. You should sign up for the Gaining Grounds on Saturday, its a great way to get four games in while experience how nice Malifaux can be in a competitive setting. And with Swiss Pairing after the first round you'll get to play other sucky players! ;)
TAFK
Drool_bucket
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Postby Gauner » Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:44 pm

I live in Boston and work in Wellesley. I'm also happy to meet up at any of the local game stores. Once I know what my schedule looks like, I'll post something in the LFG section.

I went to CaptainCon last year and the year before and really enjoyed it. I think that may have been where I had my first Malifaux demo. They did a great job. I know that Snakeman is always trying to do whatever he can to make it better. If anyone is on the fence about going... just do it. It is a good time.

I may play in the GG tournament on Saturday. I just need to see how it fits in with the parenting schedule. Also... painted models may be an issue. I'm quite a ways off from having a fully-painted crew. Getting one done between now and CC might be especially problematic if I decide to participate in the CC painting competition. We'll see. I'm a horribly slow painter. I just can't bring myself to do a rush job. It isn't in my blood.
Gauner

Postby Gauner » Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:28 pm

Call me dense (it wouldn't be too far off), but is the "Quick and the Fated" event at CaptianCon just one model?

Event Description: http://captaincon.com/2016-detailed-eve ... es-events/
Gauner

Postby Drool_bucket » Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:43 pm

Yes it is.

It's a variation on the Enforcer Brawl.

Smaller side events you can have fun at and either get drunk, or watch others get drunk playing
TAFK
Drool_bucket
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Postby Gauner » Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:11 am

Sounds perfect. Now I just need to pick a model and paint it. Not so many great ranged choices in Neverborn tho. Maybe a good excuse to go out of faction...
Gauner

Postby Gauner » Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:35 pm

Is anyone planning to go to CaptainCon on Friday? I'd like to get a few games of Malifaux in and it would be good to know that I might have a game or two lined up before I decide to take a vacation day.
Gauner

Postby Zombie » Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:53 pm

I'm going to be there friday. Not sure If i'll have time to do a pickup game though as there is a lot going on.
Zombie
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Postby Gauner » Tue Jan 26, 2016 4:52 pm

Cool. Are you doing any of the Malifaux events? Quick & Fated, Pig Hunt or Henchman Hardcore?
Gauner

Board index Discussion Malifaux Discussion