[Malifaux] New Art work

Through the Breach, and we're not talking about a glory hole...

[Malifaux] New Art work

Postby Drool_bucket » Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:52 pm

Hey All,

Bill Anderson of the Gamer's Lounge (and former Henchmen with Wyrd) took the time to pull out all the artwork from the Open Beta stat cards.

Gives someone a change to glance at all the artwork which is usually very similar to the miniatures that Wyrd produces.

I, for one, am about happy at a 50/50% clip with new artwork.... some of the stuff just doesn't grab me.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27500765@N ... 677575879/

Here's his blog post if you want to read it... http://deadtau.blogspot.com/2013/07/93- ... w-art.html

and while we're here... Here is the leaked Tara artwork. Tara being the new Outcast/Resser Master that is receiving the Nightmare treatment for GenCon...

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-sSTk5lvONvg/U ... erHere.jpg
TAFK
Drool_bucket
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Re: [Malifaux] New Art work

Postby Jonasty » Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:19 pm

Just to give an idea of how close they tend to be, here's a pic of the new Lady Justice plastics. Hard to see from the angle but you can tell they're pretty damn accurate to the art.

https://twitter.com/ericjgames/status/357715147252436992/photo/1
Jonasty

Postby jeremy » Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:25 pm

Jonasty wrote:Just to give an idea of how close they tend to be, here's a pic of the new Lady Justice plastics. Hard to see from the angle but you can tell they're pretty damn accurate to the art.

Hmmm, if that's the case then I've got a feeling I'm not going to like the gremlins when they get re-modeled.
"Christianity is the belief that a cosmic Jewish zombie, who was his own father, can make you live forever, if you symbolically eat his flesh and drink his blood, and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity, because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree.... makes perfect sense.
jeremy
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Postby DAPatrick » Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:44 pm

jeremyrp wrote:
Jonasty wrote:Just to give an idea of how close they tend to be, here's a pic of the new Lady Justice plastics. Hard to see from the angle but you can tell they're pretty damn accurate to the art.

Hmmm, if that's the case then I've got a feeling I'm not going to like the gremlins when they get re-modeled.

Just what I was thinking. The new artwork seems really meh to me.
"I can't place the guy, and I don't remember anybody being a total cockmunch at the event, but man... everything that guy posts just rubs my rhubarb the wrong way... "
DAPatrick

Postby Drool_bucket » Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:50 pm

I like the new Gremlins, kind of makes them seem like devious little beings, which is what the fluff supports them to be, versus just some clowns. Though they are definitely lacking some of their comedic value... if the other Bayou Goblins don't have banjos/bottles of shine/looking down a gun, Wyrd will have missed the boat, or more likely, changed their tune too much for my liking.

I love the new Resser look, almost start to finish. Seamus, McMourning are both huge upgrades, imo, as are most of the minions.

Guild maintain a strong mid-West feel, which is a good thing, but I am saddened by the new Family stuff... but that's also because I think the Perdita model and most of the Family were some of Wyrd's best.

Arcanists stuff is also great stuff.

10T are the original release stuff from last year.

Neverborn are a real wild card. It is hard to re-do Candy and Baby Kade, they were awesome. But the new Nephilim stuff are great. Alt Lilith was a great model but new Lilith is also really nice. So back and forth I go with that faction.

Finally you have Outcasts, which are my faction. The new Viks are really awesome, but I will not be re-purchasing them because I love the old Viks as well. New Levi is a step down, while Rusty looks good. The Desolation Engine looks stupid, but the new Steam Abominations are nasty awesomel... The recently released Tara image is golden, though I don't care for the 3 legged little buggers and want to hear what the fluff is for them. Having a whole in Tara's chest is a great touch, though...

So, overall I like the idea that Wyrd has solidified their look as a game compay. I like a lot of their stuff, but fear that some of the models that wow'd people into playing it are going away and instead it will be their "line of models" opposed to Baby Kade doing the job by itself.

anyways, just thought I'd share my thoughts with you guys....
TAFK
Drool_bucket
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Postby PeregrineFalcon » Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:48 pm

I like the new VIks, and the new Lady J. Just about all of the Outcasts are awesome, I like the Gremlin artwork a lot to be honest. Not enough to start that faction, but like the artwork a lot.

Not a fan of most of the resser stuff (Seamus is eh, and McM is terrible). I do like the flesh construct though.

I think the Neverborn stuff looks really cool.
PeregrineFalcon

Board index Discussion Malifaux Discussion