Guest on Cheated Fates Radio

Through the Breach, and we're not talking about a glory hole...

Guest on Cheated Fates Radio

Postby PeregrineFalcon » Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:23 am

Joe from Cheated Fates radio asked me to help host a recent podcast about Malifaux's 2E.

While the audio levels are quite off, and it may be hard to listen to from an audio perspective. I think we provide some interesting perspectives on the M2E topic. I also mention Jonah, and Ian's upcoming event (and illuded to this very group in reference to a resurgence in Malifaux in the area).

If you can get through the audio levels, I hope you can find some good content. Take a listen, and let me know what you think. This is my first time doing something like this...

http://cheatedfatesradio.podbean.com/20 ... eupgrades/
PeregrineFalcon

Re: Guest on Cheated Fates Radio

Postby Drool_bucket » Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:46 am

loading it onto the phone as we speak...

scathing review to follow!
TAFK
Drool_bucket
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Postby Jonasty » Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:52 am

Ahh, no pressure!

That's awesome and thanks for putting it out there. I'm listening as I type.
Jonasty

Postby Drool_bucket » Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:28 am

Okay, got to listen yesterday.

I, too, went though my phone and the sound wasn't terrible, certainly not worth turning it off because of it, but I know that will be fixed for the next time.

onto actual feedback. The only bad thing was you keying your mic on and off. the click became do notable and annoying that I found myself saying "leave the damn mix on, Adam!"

for the rest, the content was good, you didn't sound dumb, dead air was almost non-existent. I wish your talking points where more specific, but Joe likes to ramble around, while Spence was more on target. You were more on target, which is good.

Looking forward to when you co-host again and the show gets more targeted on existing M2e stuff... I am *so* done with point/counterpointing M1.5 to M2e.

When you guys said least favorite things I was saying to myself "charging" and then you two go on to talk about how much you love it. Dumb change, IMO...
TAFK
Drool_bucket
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Postby PeregrineFalcon » Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:17 pm

Yeah the mic was annoying for me too.

I use voice chat systems all the time for gaming online, and always have it set to auto-detect. Which obviously skype is. However, I had no idea the mic on/off (manual switch) on my headphones was going to have such a noticeable affect. Now I know.

I also spent about 2 hours yesterday trying to figure out Audacity and playing with it enough to identify how/what settings are important. Now at least I can record as well when Joe is recording, and he can use whichever he wants.

Biggest thing is that if you use Audacity (which Joe did for the last recording), Skype has a setting which is auto adjust mic/audio, this is a big problem with two sources that are being recorded on two channels. So I think I'll show him the settings to make sure we are synced up for next time.

Glad you liked the content. I agree everyone needs to shift attention to the game and avoid the M1E v M2E discussions at this point, that horse is so beat I used the glue from its corpse to put together my last miniature!

P.S. If anyone is looking for M2E games, Matt Lotz is running demos tomorrow (Sunday July 28th) at the Open Gaming Convention in Nashua, NH. Stop by and say hi if you're in the area!
PeregrineFalcon

Board index Discussion Malifaux Discussion