[Malifaux] Beta rules files

Through the Breach, and we're not talking about a glory hole...

[Malifaux] Beta rules files

Postby Drool_bucket » Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:09 am

Here they are on the internet.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... sp=sharing

K needs them... seeing as he bought some Colette awesomeness!

more meat for the grinder....
TAFK
Drool_bucket
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Re: [Malifaux] Beta rules files

Postby Jonasty » Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:32 am

Another Showgirl enthusiast. I approve.
Jonasty

Postby K » Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:02 pm

I feel like I've been outed -- I also feel like I have a little more in common with LGM.
Any young lads around here interested in some high adventure!
K
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Postby stormboy » Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:30 am

I see on Thursday that people have cards for the characters and such - but I can't find them.

Could someone link the downloads for Rasputina and crew? Just so I can get myself prepared for when everything comes in.

Also, what fate deck should I use for the Rasputina?
NobleSavage wrote: I put on my purple pants and hulked-out a bit there.
stormboy
Minister of Bacony Goodness

Postby Drool_bucket » Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:55 pm

The official cards are not online. The best you can do is snag the last Open Beta cards from the link in my first post. Just go to the High Res cards, follow the Arcanist stat cards and upgrades.

You will be getting the cards in your Crew box, all except the General Upgrades, which are found in an Arsenal Pack, Wave 1. Or just use them from the book.

As for a fate deck, it certainly doesn't matter. I love the retro deck that Wyrd put out. Some players like lining up their faction color for their fate deck. I would suggest not using a deck of cards, however.
TAFK
Drool_bucket
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Postby jeremy » Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:06 pm

Drool_bucket wrote: I love the retro deck that Wyrd put out.

I'm almost certainly in the minority, but I really don't like the retro deck. For myself, or to play against with my opponent. It just doesn't seem as intuitive and quick to recognize without the vibrant colors or obvious faction symbol.

It's like playing an opponent in a dice game where the color contrast between background and pip is not as obvious. To the owner it may be "neat", but it sucks to sit across the table from...
"Christianity is the belief that a cosmic Jewish zombie, who was his own father, can make you live forever, if you symbolically eat his flesh and drink his blood, and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity, because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree.... makes perfect sense.
jeremy
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Postby stormboy » Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:07 pm

Thanks!

That helps me get a few things into the brain. Probably need to play a couple games to figure everything out, though.

Are the old and new fate decks the same?
NobleSavage wrote: I put on my purple pants and hulked-out a bit there.
stormboy
Minister of Bacony Goodness

Postby PeregrineFalcon » Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:43 pm

That's crazy, because I find the retro deck to be the easiest of all the Malifaux decks to read. The puppet wars deck of course being the worst.

The retro deck is just such a smart design, for me it is easy to see whether its a 13 or a King since they make the 13 look like a K. Also there are blood dots corresponding to the weak, moderate, and severe scale.

Now I know its all by taste, the good thing is I have like 5 different fate decks so I can use whichever my opponent wishes if it makes it easier. Good to know that some have a hard time with the retro, I'll keep backups with me :)

It does suck not know what your opponent just flipped.

-------

As far as the decks. You will want the arsenal box $8 at the Wyrd site or at your LGS (when available), or Warstor/MiniatureMarket. You can also just use the beta rules for now, since supplies haven't really started shipping out to stores yet. The only reason so many of us have them is that we either physically picked them up in Indy @ Gencon, or ordered during the Wyrd Gencon sale. Either way, enough of us have the book and cards that in the interim we can make copies of what ever you need. Just let me know what cards you need. This should hold you over until you can get a copy.
PeregrineFalcon

Postby Jonasty » Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:12 pm

Yep, there are plenty of printable cards floating around. I still have a copy of the latest Beta file so if you need Raspy I can get them to you.

As far as Jeremy's post, I also happen to be in the boat of not liking the Retro fate deck either. I find it hard to read what was flipped. Maybe if I owned one I'd get used to it but so far it always confuses the fuck out of me. Although as Adam said, the Puppet Wars deck is by far the worst of the lot for clarity.

Speaking of, I snagged PWU as part of the Miniature Market 50% sale so I'm looking forward to getting those painted up!
Jonasty

Board index Discussion Malifaux Discussion