Malifaux Lists

Through the Breach, and we're not talking about a glory hole...

Malifaux Lists

Postby drbelanger73 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:52 pm

I don't really know what people run as far as lists. I alread have several arcanist models which I use for other purposes, I wouldn't need much pushing to aquire more malifaux figures as they are pretty fucking awesome even if you don't play. What I don't want to do is double and triple up on existing armies.

So, what do people generally feild, lay claim to?
drbelanger73
D-Rok

Re: Malifaux Lists

Postby Jonasty » Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:47 pm

I'm a bad barometer on this one personally as I'm one of the obsessive folks who has most everything or wants to at least.

From what I've seen around the Eagles, I think the following Masters (and associated crews) aren't owned by anyone yet. Some have folks who've expressed interest though so it might change.

+ Misaki (Ten Thunders)
+ Marcus (Arcanists)
+ Yan Lo (Resserecutionist)
+ Ramos (Arcanist) (I'm considering and Ian might actually have this and just not assembled him yet, not sure)
+ C Hoffman (Guild) (Travis is considering)
+ Kirai (Resserecutionist) (Travis is considering)
Jonasty

Postby drbelanger73 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:57 pm

I suppose I am obligated to put together some sort of arcanist list only because I have a whole pile of them, including the avatar for Collette. I do like the Ten Thunders figures, not that I have any idea how they, or the system plays. Now that second edition is out I might as well get in. Nice not to eat a set of books once in a while. Gets old...
drbelanger73
D-Rok

Postby Jonasty » Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:22 pm

Yeah I think I'd probably be your only real Arcanist double at this point. I've got Collete and Rasputina and will be picking up the new Ramos plastics whenever they get released. Granted with all the other shit I have, if I get a game in with you there's no concern of playing Arcanist vs Arcanist.
Jonasty

Postby Thunderjaw » Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:38 pm

What's the best faction/list for Malifaux? Like if you're just starting...
++$ Brad
Thunderjaw
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Postby Drool_bucket » Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:43 pm

Thunderjaw wrote:What's the best faction/list for Malifaux? Like if you're just starting...

Wood elves.

Or Necromantic.

Cause both are really good so even shitty coaches should be above .500 with them.
TAFK
Drool_bucket
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Postby Jonasty » Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:26 pm

Thunderjaw wrote:What's the best faction/list for Malifaux? Like if you're just starting...

Whatever you want really. Any list can be competitive, it's more a playstyle thing. You like ranged or melee? Small crew of elite models or swarms of minions?

Most people just pick the crew theme they like best. Nightmares and showgirls are what caught my eye and so I started with them. If you like drunk ninja gremlins then the Brewmaster might be the master for you.
Jonasty

Postby PeregrineFalcon » Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:31 am

Just pick something you like. There is no way you will want to paint and play with them if you don't like them.

As far as what I have (I'm not a reg at the hall though, so take this for what its worth):
10T:
* The Thunder (Misaki)
* Dark Debts (Lynch)
* Yan Lo
Rezzers:
* McMourning
* Seamus
* Kirai
Neverborn:
* Lilith
Outcasts/Rezzers:
* Tara (as of this week due to Gencon)
PeregrineFalcon

Postby agentorange » Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:56 am

I just ordered a Kiari set, so that makes her and Lynch for myself. I still may end up with Hoffman at somepoint, but it wont be for a while. I would just pick what ever you want and run with it. from what I know unless you go with gremlins (jeremy) or Cult of December (Jack) everyone else that plays has at least 2 crews so there will be no need to ever mirror match open season games. During a tourney that might change but there will soon be alot more masters released during wave 2, and there are still a few wave 1 masters that I dont think anyone has showed intrest in yet. So no matter what you go with im pretty sure you wont step on anyones toes.
agentorange

Postby drbelanger73 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:34 pm

I'm all psyched to see "The Grandmaster" in a few weeks, so I will probably go with The Thunder as I will be dragging out all my kung fu swag...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BO1yfTfozhk
drbelanger73
D-Rok

Postby agentorange » Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:39 pm

If you want to channel your inner Bruce Leeroy the Ten Thunders is the way to go.
agentorange

Board index Discussion Malifaux Discussion