Nathan Caroland (Wyrd Owner) speaks out...

Through the Breach, and we're not talking about a glory hole...

Nathan Caroland (Wyrd Owner) speaks out...

Postby Drool_bucket » Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:47 pm

Okay, it's not a sexy reporter by some journalist or something, you'll have to be willing to read a bit, but...

Wyrd put out it's upcoming release schedule for the next few months, and the gist is that a few people started jumping on the prices. In particular it was the complaints about new plastics being as pricey, if not more pricey than there metal counter parts.

Well, Nathan, the co-Owner of Wyrd jumps into the thread and puts down his thoughts in page 5. Then he keeps at it, responding to posters questions and offering up answers and such.

Eric, the other co-owner jumps in too, but his 2 cents is just to amuse and/or annoy.

On page 8 Nathan then goes through the miniature business model a bit, which is a nice read for anyone interested in that end of the business that has nothing to do with Malifaux.

anyways, just sharing. One of the reasons I love Wyrd.. you get to see what their owners/developers are thinking and can actually converse with them.
TAFK
Drool_bucket
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Re: Nathan Caroland (Wyrd Owner) speaks out...

Postby DAPatrick » Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:28 pm

GW used to do this when they had a forum. I remember several time Jervis Johnson and Andy Chambers would jump on there to clarify things and interact with the community. The GW forums really became unbearable near the end though, just full of people complaining as there were more popular forums to visit.

I would be more surprised if this guy DIDN'T do this. Seriously, probably only a dozen or so people work for the company. How many do you think work for GW?
"I can't place the guy, and I don't remember anybody being a total cockmunch at the event, but man... everything that guy posts just rubs my rhubarb the wrong way... "
DAPatrick

Postby Thunderjaw » Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:01 pm

link?
++$ Brad
Thunderjaw
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Postby Drool_bucket » Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:04 pm

TAFK
Drool_bucket
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Board index Discussion Malifaux Discussion