Malifaux Resources

Through the Breach, and we're not talking about a glory hole...

Malifaux Resources

Postby jeremy » Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:22 am

Random Malifaux Resources for those that care:

* Lazyfaux - a random drawing for strategy, scheme, and deployment
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/320 ... M2E_v2.htm

* M2E Crew Creator
http://www.malifaux.com/M2eCrew.php
"Christianity is the belief that a cosmic Jewish zombie, who was his own father, can make you live forever, if you symbolically eat his flesh and drink his blood, and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity, because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree.... makes perfect sense.
jeremy
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Re: Malifaux Resources

Postby Zhent » Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:33 pm

I was watching a game last weekend between Matt [Army Matt?] and someone else, and he had a number of tokens and things which seemed designed for Malifaux. Are there other useful / necessary items than just models, cards, and a tape measure?
Zhent

Postby Thunderjaw » Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:37 pm

You can get tokens for the various conditions and scheme markers used in the game. Ian has a line on some good ones... (Drool_Bucket)
++$ Brad
Thunderjaw
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Postby Drool_bucket » Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:53 pm

Zhent wrote:I was watching a game last weekend between Matt [Army Matt?] and someone else, and he had a number of tokens and things which seemed designed for Malifaux. Are there other useful / necessary items than just models, cards, and a tape measure?

There are some nice resources out there.

On the http://www.malifaux.com/M2eDownloads.php site you have a FAQ and Errata. (also some other neat "fluff" downloads, check out the recent Chronicles)

I would plug www.BostonBurnWorks.com as a place to get your Markers and Tokens that cover a lot of the "record" keeping of the game. Plus, you'll save on shipping! (Jeremy and I are BostonBurnWorks) The site is really close to launching as we are finalizing our first wave of products specific to Malifaux. You'll note the site is incomplete. I will have product for sale on Thursday (12/12)

That said, you can accomplish the same with very small investment. Check out Ratty's page... they are 1st edition but many of the counters still apply. Print them out and paste them to a 30mm base and you are great shape! http://malifaux.nezumi.me.uk/

The only thing he is really missing is Scheme Markers, which are very common. You could just make some up of use some empty bases. The important thing is to remember the size of the Marker is important.

Next up, I would strongly consider buying clear card sleeves that Magic players (and board gamers/card flippers) for your stat cards, it will extend their life considerable and makes marking them up much easier.

Along those lines, I would suggest some Wet Erase Markers. Not Dry Erase because it wipes off so easy, but with Wet Erase you can mark wounds and conditions on your stat cards which frees the board up of dice and such.

Finally, here's a well made secondary market free cheat sheet. 92acclude was good enough to print a ton out, but I think they are all gone at this point. Perhaps we'll get him to make us some more for all you new Malifaux-ers! http://www.wyrd-games.net/showthread.ph ... heat+sheet
TAFK
Drool_bucket
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Postby afeinman » Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:38 pm

Current as of 12/2013. I think.
afeinman
Dr. c.f.
Dr. c.f.

Postby PeregrineFalcon » Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:54 pm

I'd also recommend UrbanLaserCraft (http://store.urbanlasercraft.com/tok-mfo-megabndl.html) for tokens. He is local and makes those cool acrylics which can be painted.

Also, we should add the Twitter bot that is awesome... just tweet @MalifauxSchemes as the first thing in a tweet and it will generate the strat and schemes for you.
PeregrineFalcon

Postby jeremy » Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:18 pm

Came across a simple android app today called Malistrats (search Google app store for malifaux). Its along same lines as lazyfaux in that it simulates deck flips and shows resultant deployment, strategy, and scheme pool. No pictures; just words.
"Christianity is the belief that a cosmic Jewish zombie, who was his own father, can make you live forever, if you symbolically eat his flesh and drink his blood, and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity, because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree.... makes perfect sense.
jeremy
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Postby PeregrineFalcon » Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:45 pm

jeremyrp wrote:Came across a simple android app today called Malistrats (search Google app store for malifaux). Its along same lines as lazyfaux in that it simulates deck flips and shows resultant deployment, strategy, and scheme pool. No pictures; just words.

Yeah great app. Another one (not sure it'd been mentioned) is @malifauxschemes on twitter. If you tweet to it and include #gg2 you'll get the gaining grounds deployment for the start it chooses.
PeregrineFalcon

Board index Discussion Malifaux Discussion