Malifaux-style wicked cheap Terrain Kickstarter

Through the Breach, and we're not talking about a glory hole...

Malifaux-style wicked cheap Terrain Kickstarter

Postby Jonasty » Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:29 am

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/po-boys-terrain

Saw this on the Wyrd forums and I'm pretty impressed. It looks pretty good for what it is, it's super inexpensive and it's all magnetized so you can easily break it down and transport it where ever you'd like. And did I mention it's super cheap.

Obviously it doesn't hold a candle to Zombie's custom made buildings/terrain that we've all oogled since he finished them but for those of us without the time, talent, or patience to create stuff that amazing, this seems to be a nice alternative.

And it's been confirmed that the next run/series will be gothic/victorian themed so there'll be some downtown Malifaux style terrain soon enough, which I'm excited for.
Jonasty

Re: Malifaux-style wicked cheap Terrain Kickstarter

Postby matttt24 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:38 am

lol I already backed this twice at the starter level and the town level
matttt24

Postby DAPatrick » Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:57 am

I'm really impressed at the quality for the price but I get a feeling that the final product won't look like these prototypes. I'll be interested in seeing their Victorian town scape.
"I can't place the guy, and I don't remember anybody being a total cockmunch at the event, but man... everything that guy posts just rubs my rhubarb the wrong way... "
DAPatrick

Postby Jonasty » Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:04 pm

DAPatrick wrote:I'm really impressed at the quality for the price but I get a feeling that the final product won't look like these prototypes. I'll be interested in seeing their Victorian town scape.

Yeah it'll be interesting to see how the final ones look. Granted even if I need to slap a new coat of paint on them and maybe texturize them a little, having a set of magnetized buildings I don't have to construct myself makes it worth the cost right there.
Jonasty

Postby jeremy » Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:38 pm

They look nice. But the prices on these sound WAY too cheap, to the point of sounding fishy, IMO.

If he's been able to invest enough money to secure 5 years of production from a balsa plantation (which is true RAW materials; not even prepared for manufacturing), you're saying he couldn't scrounge together $10k of additional funding by whatever means?
"Christianity is the belief that a cosmic Jewish zombie, who was his own father, can make you live forever, if you symbolically eat his flesh and drink his blood, and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity, because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree.... makes perfect sense.
jeremy
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Postby matttt24 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:41 pm

i'll be bringing all of mine down as soon is I get them
matttt24

Postby Jonasty » Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:25 pm

jeremyrp wrote:They look nice. But the prices on these sound WAY too cheap, to the point of sounding fishy, IMO.

If he's been able to invest enough money to secure 5 years of production from a balsa plantation (which is true RAW materials; not even prepared for manufacturing), you're saying he couldn't scrounge together $10k of additional funding by whatever means?

Eh, I'm gonna give the guy the benefit of the doubt. He's a fairly well established person in the Malifaux community from what I've seen so I'm not too concerned.
Jonasty

Board index Discussion Malifaux Discussion