[Malifaux] Upcoming League - Jan/Fed

Through the Breach, and we're not talking about a glory hole...

[Malifaux] Upcoming League - Jan/Fed

Postby Drool_bucket » Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:59 pm

Just as a heads up, it is Jonah's and my intent to run a Malifaux "starter" league after the holidays. The exact timing is still undecided because we are wanting the Blood Bowl season to wrap up/be really close to done before we start.

The format is going to be very simple with linked Storied Encounters moving a story alone.
The intent is to make it single Master.
It will run for 6-8 weeks tops and allow for multiple games/fluid participation.
We will be doing a very small prize pool.

In an effort to support the starter league Jonah and I will be offering demo/teaching games to anyone who is interested in one all through out December. If you have a passing interest LMK and we'll ZOMG!?!MI-GAWD!?! Malifaux you to death.

Greg, Alex.... you know you want too...
TAFK
Drool_bucket
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Re: [Malifaux] Upcoming League - Jan/Fed

Postby afeinman » Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:23 pm

Sounds good.

When is Fedruary? We might have different calendars.
afeinman
Dr. c.f.
Dr. c.f.

Postby matttt24 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:15 pm

I am happy to help with demo's as well if the 2 of you get overwhelmed or are not available on the requested day I will also be running demos and open gaming nights at electronic horizons on Merrimack st in Lowell every other tuesday
matttt24

Postby Jonasty » Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:02 am

One of these days I'll beat Ian to an announcement on something. Yep, like winter, a league is coming!

I'll be posting up a thread soon for signup and initial league info.
Jonasty

Postby ryltar » Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:45 pm

Color me interested. I picked up a few things and a rulebook already. On first reading the game seems pretty interesting. Are you planning to use crew progression of some sort, or just play story connected games? I found Necromunda-esque rules somewhere on line published by Wyrd, but I have a feeling that is 1st ed... not sure if its compatible. I like meta-game...
ryltar
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Postby Jonasty » Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:55 pm

ryltar wrote:Color me interested. I picked up a few things and a rulebook already. On first reading the game seems pretty interesting. Are you planning to use crew progression of some sort, or just play story connected games? I found Necromunda-esque rules somewhere on line published by Wyrd, but I have a feeling that is 1st ed... not sure if its compatible. I like meta-game...

This first league is going to have some long term campaign-style elements to it in the background but I'm planning on starting off fairly slow and steady at first, give people an opportunity to see what it's like playing the game in general with all the new folks we've got.

As to those Wyrd published campaign progression rules, I've already started converting those to 2nd edition as well....
Jonasty

Postby Drool_bucket » Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:26 pm

ryltar wrote:Color me interested. I picked up a few things and a rulebook already.

don't be such a cock tease, whacha git, whacha git!!
TAFK
Drool_bucket
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Postby ryltar » Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:01 pm

Drool_bucket wrote:
ryltar wrote:Color me interested. I picked up a few things and a rulebook already.

don't be such a cock tease, whacha git, whacha git!!

I would hate to disappoint your cock Ian. I got the 1st ed Victorias and they and Taelor are already painted up. I also got ronin and desperate mercenaries. Most of them are assembled and primed. I saw all the new releases over the weekend on Wyrd's site and may have bought some (too many) of them too. No idea what factions are 'good' or what is my 'playstyle' and went purely on look and concept. Pandora seems interesting too... (and may be in the mail somewhere).
ryltar
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Postby Jonasty » Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:53 pm

ryltar wrote:I got the 1st ed Victorias and they and Taelor are already painted up. I also got ronin and desperate mercenaries. Most of them are assembled and primed. I saw all the new releases over the weekend on Wyrd's site and may have bought some (too many) of them too. No idea what factions are 'good' or what is my 'playstyle' and went purely on look and concept. Pandora seems interesting too... (and may be in the mail somewhere).

Dammit not another Viks player! I'm sick of getting hosed by them. On the flip side, glad to see someone else eyeballing Pandora.
Jonasty

Postby Thunderjaw » Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:18 pm

Greg wrote:went purely on look and concept

Yeah... this is how it should be done! Rule of Cool!
++$ Brad
Thunderjaw
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Postby Drool_bucket » Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:57 pm

ryltar wrote:I would hate to disappoint your cock Ian.

Really? What does your ass look like in leather? :twisted:

ryltar wrote:I got the 1st ed Victorias and they and Taelor are already painted up. I also got ronin and desperate mercenaries. Most of them are assembled and primed. I saw all the new releases over the weekend on Wyrd's site and may have bought some (too many) of them too. No idea what factions are 'good' or what is my 'playstyle' and went purely on look and concept. Pandora seems interesting too... (and may be in the mail somewhere).

Haha! You and Brad, both! Nice, more meat for the grinder!

If you wanna playtest/borrow any minis, let me know... Not sure if you have the Student of Conflict, but I would say it's as close to an auto-include with the Viks as there is out there. (most Totems are) If you wanna borrow it, just ask!

M2e is ridiculously balanced. There are definite synergies within crews, but there are no "weak" choices out there, ever model has it's place.

My first Master was the Viks as well and I would consider then "not my style," but I still love them, they are so much fun to play... What I was able to do was select my second crew more as a "my playstyle" approach.
TAFK
Drool_bucket
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Postby tinfoil » Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:20 pm

Well I'm in. Rocking either Neverborn or Ressurectionists.
"the closest thing we have to a nice guy is that asshole fred."
-Bruce of Bruce

"Oh, look at me! I have a bowling shirt on!!! I'm in a little toy club!!!"
-Exokan
tinfoil
Dream-Crushing Jerk
Dream-Crushing Jerk

Postby Thunderjaw » Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:57 pm

I'll go ahead and say I'm in as well in case this is actually a sign up thread.
++$ Brad
Thunderjaw
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Postby Lucyth » Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:12 am

I'll probably join. Though I confess, I may be trying to finalize the packet for the 40k campaign I've been working on and setting up dates that step on your toes. :oops:
ryltar wrote:I would hate to disappoint your cock Ian.
Lucyth
Mr. Religion
Mr. Religion

Postby Jonasty » Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:07 am

Lucyth wrote:I'll probably join. Though I confess, I may be trying to finalize the packet for the 40k campaign I've been working on and setting up dates that step on your toes. :oops:

As far as stepping on toes, we've already been discussing/planning on how to allow for maximum game time amongst all the games. If we do it right (and I'm making absolutely no promises we will) then people will be able to play in all the shit going on around the Eagles without needing a personal assistant to map their schedules.
Jonasty

Next

Board index Discussion Malifaux Discussion