Week 4 Malifaux Matchups (Matchups Posted)

Looking for a game?

Re: Week 4 Malifaux Matchups (Matchups Posted)

Postby Nebushadnezar » Fri Apr 15, 2016 6:47 am

Mike 5, JR 2. JR get the moral shame for stacking 4 upgrades on his master.
Festivus, for the rest of us!
-Eldrad Ulthran
Nebushadnezar
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Postby Drool_bucket » Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:17 am

Ian downs Alex 7-3

And I only used three upgrades on Hamelin
TAFK
Drool_bucket
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Postby afeinman » Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:17 am

I bought 3 upgrades for Misaki, but only used 1 of them. Need to figure out how to give her Instinctual. :twisted:
afeinman
Dr. c.f.
Dr. c.f.

Postby anumberone » Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:24 am

It was an awesome game, Mr. Gauner, and a close one. I apologize if I was "fast flipping" a few times and the confusion on cover ( I saw a picture in the faq that looked very similar to the Barbaros situation). I've played a lot of Malifaux and I'm used to getting to the Eagles with barely enough time to finish the game.

It was a learning experience for me too. Ophelia needed either Lenny or more stones for rams to be a reliable killing machine. My first turn hand was ridiculous and I could have blasted Barbaros first turn. That would have me possibly down a point but force you to branch off either with Lilith or more likely Nekima to deal with the rooster in the back.

I should have swapped the Sow for Lenny and still made him the frame target. He could have easily died to black blood while softening Lilith up. Right after he tossed Ophelia 10 inches towards something decidedly squishier.
anumberone

Postby Gauner » Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:32 pm

It was an awesome game! No worries on the flipping. It was certainly more me being slow than you being too fast.

So, did we get the cover question right?

BTW, I totally forgot that Nekima had regeneration... she started taking damage in turn 2, so I probably could have used those extra 3 wounds. Just one more thing to add to the pile of things that slipped by me. Doh!

Taking out Barbaros on turn 1 would have hurt. Although, I probably would have spent a few stones to keep him alive - who knows how that would have gone... What I was most afraid of during our game is that you might devote fewer resources to Leave Your Mark. It was clear what you were going for, so I had basically resigned to the fact that you were going to score 3 points there. I wasn't going to allocate any resources to stopping it other than a couple of wicked vines here and there as a feint (I think those really annoyed you, so I guess it worked). You probably could have turned one of the roosters and the rocket lady into a gun line on my flank. That would have been painful, I think. Thanks for not doing that! ;)

Looking forward to the next game!
Gauner

Previous

Board index Discussion Game Matchups