New to Watertown

New to the DorkaMorka Forums? Why not introduce yourself and say, "Hi!"

New to Watertown

Postby kmads » Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:36 pm

Hello everyone,
I just moved to the area from Montana and am looking for a place to get into some 40k and Blood Bowl. I haven't been able to play much since 8th came out, so I'm eager to play. Just curious about where and when people meet and how to get games in this area.

Thanks for any advice.
kmads

Re: New to Watertown

Postby tinfoil » Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:45 am

Hi there, welcome to the area!

So, we as a club (DorkaMorka) used to rent out a space to play on a weekly basis in Watertown Square -- and invited non-club members to join us.
Unfortunately we no longer rent the space, and the club has more or less gone into hiatus. We still play, but lately in each others' homes and by setting up games in other venues (e.g., in local game stores).
And partly as a result of this development, this website sees a lot less regular traffic than it used to.

We are still playing games. Still have a bunch of 40k players in our (loose) network -- and a bunch of Malifaux players. And as far as I know, still have a community of BloodBowl players who organize leagues periodically.

I don't know much about the BloodBowl state of things, since I don't play.

I do play 40k. My name, btw, is Fred.

I should add: our club culture is for friendly games. Few of us play in tournaments any more, and we're definitely not into tournament win-at-all-costs lists. And as a group most of us are older players -- in our 30s, 40s, 50s.

Let me know if you'd like to meet up for a game sometime.

And again, welcome. I'm sorry we're not as organized as we used to be as a gaming community....

Fred
"the closest thing we have to a nice guy is that asshole fred."
-Bruce of Bruce

"Oh, look at me! I have a bowling shirt on!!! I'm in a little toy club!!!"
-Exokan
tinfoil
Dream-Crushing Jerk
Dream-Crushing Jerk

Re: New to Watertown

Postby kmads » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:58 pm

Thanks Fred,
My name is Kyle, forgot to mention that. Casual play is more up my alley, as I prefer to play for fun. I would definitely be interested in a game sometime, I'm free some evenings and weekends. I have played a few games of 8th but would probably need a refresher as I have been moving and settling in.

I'm free all of Thursdays until about 6:00pm and can usually get some time on weekends if any of that works for anyone.
kmads

Board index Administratum Introductions